Election Day is Tuesday November 5th, 2019
The Rockland County Board of Elections is overseeing this election. The General Election will be:
It is imperative that you share this information with your family and friends. Add this to your calendar now before you forget and set your reminders.
To find out your specific polling location go to the Rockland County Board of Elections polling place lookup page.
New for 2019 - there is Early Voting!! This will provide 9 days of opportunities to vote in advance of election day through normal election machines.
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Monday, October 28, 2019 From 12 Noon to 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019 From 12 Noon to 8:00 PM
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, November 1, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Sunday, November 3, 2019 From 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Rockland County residents can vote early at any of the following four locations:
1. Clarkstown Town Hall, 10 Maple Avenue, New City, New York 10956
2. Haverstraw Town Hall, 1 Rosman Road, Garnerville, New York 10923
3. Orangetown Town Hall, 26 West Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, New York 10962
4. Ramapo Town Hall, 237 Route 59, Suffern, New York 10901
On Election Day polls are open from 6:00am to 9:00pm. If you know you will not be in your voting district on this day, you can vote early (see above) or you may vote by absentee ballot.
Download the application form here:
When completing the application form, be sure to print clearly.
Upon completion of the absentee ballot application, you can bring it to the Board of Elections, or ask a friend to bring it, or you can mail it in. Once they are in receipt of your application, a ballot will be mailed to you. In general, an application for an absentee ballot is only valid for the calendar year of the request but if you are permanently disabled or sufficiently elderly you can request that you be added to the permanent absentee ballot list.
Please note: the board of elections cannot accept applications by email or fax. The New York State Election Law requires an original signature on the application document and on the ballot..
For more information call: 845-638-5172 or visit the Rockland County Board of Elections website.
The last day for voter registration was October 11th. If you were honorably discharged from the military or have become a naturalized citizen since October 12th, you may register in person at the board of elections up until October 26th.
To check your voter registration status immediately go to the the New York State Board of Elections voter look up page.
To register for 2020, use this voter registration form. You can also use this form to change your address or party.